Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tales from the asylum

I'm going to snap one of these days. I can already see the headline "College student bludgeon's her roommates to death with a dish scrubber." I honestly wouldn't put it past me at this point. They do not know how to wash their FREAKING DISHES. I swear they think the dishes just magically do themselves. Just like the garbage magically takes itself out, and the food they leave on the counter just grows legs and walks to the garbage can and throws itself away.
         See in the beginning I didn't really care so much because I knew that I really had no room to talk. I'm not the neatest person in the world. But seriously this is freakin ridiculous. I am not their maid nor am I their mother. They are adults they should know how to pick up after themselves.
         I know it probably sounds like I'm over reacting but if you lived with them you would understand why I have a long list of grievances that I feel totally justifies their murders. I don't think there's a jury out there that wouldn't rule in my favor.

1. The dirty dishes left in rooms other than the kitchen.
2. The food left on the counter for days at a time (Well it would be left there if I didn't throw it away after a few hours. I know this because its not uncommon for them to leave food out over night.)
3. The food left in the sink.
4. They don't do their dishes.
5. They don't clean out the fridge. (An entire gallon of milk expired)
6. They don't know how to put DVDs back in their cases.
7. They don't know how to close cupboard doors. (That's my own personal pet peeve)
8. They don't know how to close Drawers.
9. They don't know how to park.
10. They don't know how to load or unload the dishwasher.(I can do all the dishes and ask one of them to simply put the dishes away when they are clean but that's apparently too hard. On the rare occasions that they do load the dishwasher they do it wrong and half the dishes don't get clean so I have to wash them again.)
11. It doesn't matter how many times I ask them to help out they simply ignore me.
12. They rarely take the garbage out.
13. When they do take the garbage out they don't put a bag back in.
14. They don't take the can out to the curb on garbage day.
15. They don't turn the TV off.
16. They turn the thermostat up past 75 when it clearly doesn't need to go above 70.
17. Some (not all) of them help themselves to everything in the apartment without asking.
18. They "clean" and then you can't find anything. i.e. scissors, markers, the garage door opener, etc.
19. They come in the kitchen when I'm trying to cook. (So that one's not really a capital offence but I can't stand it when people are in the kitchen just standing there while I'm cooking. They're always in the way and I don't feel safe in a kitchen with lots of people wielding knifes and such)
20. My movies used to be in order. (That's just me being OCD but my other roommate has the same issue with her movies. Nobody knows the alphabet apparently so the movies don't get put in the right place.)
21. They knock over a vase with flowers and put the flowers back in the vase but don't bother to clean up the water so everything on the table gets soaked and there's a nice puddle on the floor. It's no fun stepping in a cold puddle of water with just socks on. (This has happened more than once. I'll admit the flowers were a little top heavy and they weren't in the right kind of vase at all so they were prone to tip over but still don't pick up the flowers and leave the water all over.)
22. They stop the microwave before it's done and then don't clear out the remaining time.
23. If the garbage can is full (and I mean overflowing) and they don't feel like taking it out they put a box next to the can and start putting garbage in it until it's overflowing.

I could continue but I think I've expressed my distaste for my current living conditions as much as I needed to. I had to say something and the only way to get it off my chest without mentally scaring my fellow inmates at this insane asylum was to write about it. So thanks for listening internet your'e a fantastic friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment