Wednesday, July 29, 2015

There really is no point in dating

I give up! I am officially giving up dating. I don't want to do it anymore. I'll just be some old spinster with my three cats. I'll get my own place and I'll never have to share space with anyone, I wont have to deal with other people's messes, I'll be free to do what ever I like whenever I like. Being eternally single can't be that bad. Right?

I've tried online dating and all that got me was a lot of weirdos. I don't know what it is about me but I seem to attract the strange ones that either just want sex or they're extremely clingy and awkward. I mean I know it's online dating so you have to wade through all the socially awkward mammas boys living with their parents but come on. There are a few normals ones (my cousin and mother have both met their husbands online) but they just don't seem interested at all. I don't get it, what am I doing wrong?

I've also tried blind dates. Those have been nightmares. The last date I went on the guy had to leave 20 minutes into the date to go fight forest fires in California. I was left as the third wheel in a double date with my cousin so we spent an hour trying to find me an "emergency date" to go to the movie with us. I ended up going with my neighbors friend who had literally graduated high school two days prior. He was 18 so it's not like I went out with jail bait but it was still so awkward. And to top it all off my cousins date chose the movie without consulting anyone else in the group because he really wanted to see it and he didn't even watch the stupid thing. He spent the entire time making kissy face with my cousin so I was stuck watching the 5th movie in a franchise that I hadn't even seen with a guy I barely knew who had also never seen any of the movies in this franchise. It's been over two years since that train wreak and I haven't been on a date since. I don't dare try another blind date. Hence the reason I've turned toward online dating.

I just don't get it. I've tried being forward, I've tried being peppy and positive, I've tried being mysterious, I've tried playing it cool. NOTHING WORKS. Well it works but only on the guys I'm not interested in. I normally get one of two responses. Guys ignore me completely or they make crude and/or creepy comments.

So I'm done. I'm tired of being rejected and I'm tired of feeling worthless. I'm not going to keep putting myself through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment