I think I've finally hit rock bottom in dating.
It's quite depressing really. I always see wedding announcements on FB from high school friends even girls who are younger than me are getting married. Then my roommates convinced me to join a dating web site. All that has gotten me is a lot of weirdos and one guy looking for a "make out buddy" his words. My mother is still set on me marrying the neighbor in five years (He's finally a senior in high school). She has compromised a little though. If I can find a husband this year she'll call of the arrangement. She enlisted my roommates to find her a son-in-law and they seem very willing. School hasn't even started and they're already planning on dragging me to every dance and having parties with all of their guy friends and their brothers.
I'm not sure how I feel about having my roommates set me up. Not that they have bad taste in guys but most of the guys they know are jocks. There's nothing wrong with jocks I just don't have anything in common with them. I'm kinda a geek and I recently decided that I needed to marry a fellow geek. After expressing my concerns, my step dad told me to go onto a geek website and post
"Hi I'm looking for a guy to teach me how to play Magic. My dad has a bunch of cards to make
decks with and he'll let you have them if you help me."
So apparently it's come to bribing them to date me. I don't know how it gets any worse than this.
I do have some goals thought and if I write them down I might stick to them. My mother told me that my goal this year is to at leas go on a second date.
No comments:
Post a Comment