So when my best friend and roommate "Boss" told me she was going up north for a long weekend because of some writers conference I didn't think much of it. And when it turned out that this conference was on valentines day I still didn't think much about it. But now I'm sitting home alone (Well not technically alone two of my roommates are downstairs in the living room) and I'm going crazy. I wasn't expecting to have a lovely valentines day I mean really when you haven't been on a date in over a year you don't really have high expectations for valentines day, but normally I get to spend it with my other friends who are single as well and we watch sappy love stories and complain about the male population in our small town. Not this year apparently. "Boss" has a hot date (Her cute two year old nephew, if his parents decided to go out), "That" is with her boyfriend, "Other" is on her mission in Korea, and I'm hold up in my room avoiding my roommates (Not because I don't like them, I just don't really like talking to them when "Boss" isn't around)
Ok so maybe I'm hiding from the two newer roommates. But I don't particularly like people I don't know and I will avoid them at all costs i.e. not eating because one or both of them are in the kitchen. I know it sounds a little childish but what can you do? I won't even go down and turn down the thermostat (which I turned down this morning after almost dying from heat stroke last night because someone turned it up to eighty. Again) It's probably close to freezing outside and I have the window open and I'm wearing a tank top and shorts so I don't sweat to death. It's ridiculous. I'm an introvert, and I never really understood the joke "Q: How do you kill an introvert? A: Place a stranger in their kitchen and they'll eventually starve to death." until now. It's not a joke its a fact. "Boss" even hired one of our friends to make sure I ate at least two meals a day while she was gone. I have to say I've done fairly good today on that front I had some left over BBQ pork for breakfast and a chicken sandwich for dinner.
Sitting in my room alone, refusing to leave the comfort of familiar surroundings and all together completely ignoring my roommates. That is how I'm spending my valentines day. A little pathetic, I know.
*Hugs* I missed you on we long weekend, My Kayla. I'm sorry Valentine's wasn't as awesome as it could have been this year. :-(
ReplyDelete